Ape E Eye
This is a toy project I built to learn Angular JS. It’s a configurable dashboard of “searches” (REST API queries) which are periodically updated. It’s hosted on GitHub at http://github.com/flakey-bit/ape-e-eye
This is what it looks like:
It comes with some demo searches, but it’s probably more fun if you set-up your own 🙂
It’s built with
- Angular1.6 (with components where applicable)
- NPM for managing external dependencies
- FontAwesome for awesomeness
- Webpack for asset management
- A mixture of TypeScript and Vanilla JS (just to try both approaches)
- Karma for unit tests
- Other than interaction with external APIs, there is no server-side functionality at all!
It doesn’t make use of Bootstrap or other UI frameworks (though I used CodeMirror for the editor) – it’s a pet project so fun to implement things from scratch 😛
There’s a FAQ (convering questions like “Why did you use AngularJS when there’s x/y/z out there”) in the README.md on Github.
Have at it Internet (keen on any feedback, particular on AngularJS best-practices I’ve ignored!)